Wednesday, August 3, 2016

An Apple Or Two A Day For Bernie

 

Do you have a folder of backgrounds which you have created but haven't used? I know I do so I pulled one of them out to use as my base for this picture.

I firmly taped my elephant stencil down with some masking tape. I swept some texture paste over the stencil with a palette knife, I wanted to give the elephant a cracked rough elephant type skin so I used a sponge (an inexpensive make up sponge) and pressed it into the paste and then quickly lifted it up. I have never used crackle paint, but you could probably create the same appearance with that.

When the paste was completely dry. I put the stencil back over the paste and carefully stuck it down. I used Rangers Cool Graphite dye ink to colour the elephant. I really should give him a name.... I think I will call him Bernie. I dabbed a sponge into the ink and dabbed it all over until Bernie was a glorious grey colour.

Now Bernie is often hungry so I quickly painted him a few apples, and coated them in glossy accents. When nice and dry I cut them all out.

I stamped a bird on a little piece of card and cut it out and sat him on Bernie's back. I added few green stamped branches and leaves, and glued the apples amongst them.Now Bernie is ready to have a feast!

 

Please join in the fun and add your project to this months Mixed Media Mojo

Challenge Harvest with a Twist of Fruit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jannet! The layout is so effective and I love Bernie and the colour scheme. Happy crafty week, Lula

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project, Jannet! I love the textured effect on Bernie and those shiny apples! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Jannet, love how you created the texture on Bernie and the touch of gloss on the apples is perfect! Thanks for sharing, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully. Bet you had a good time creating it. Bernie looks happy with his apples for the taking. genie

    ReplyDelete