Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Mixed Media Art Journal Fun

Tracey here with my first Mixed Media Mojo post.  I'm on holiday at the moment and all that I have brought with me and have been watersoluble medium along with one tube of black and white acrylic. So I have been experimenting and playing with them all week, it just goes to show that you don't need lots of supplies to make art, I felt like I was gonna have a breakdown not having my beloved acrylics to play with but with practice and perseverance I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of them and creating art I'm pretty pleased with.....

I used my tube of black acrylic that I brought with me to do the outlines, making sure they were completely random and not thinking about it too much, I then took a wet paintbrush and went over the lines to create a grungy grey look in places.

Once this was completely dry I used my neocolour watersoluble crayons as my watercolour medium and started to colour allowing some of the paint to be stronger causing shadows, I took a creative impression Rex stamp and stamped with black archival ink inside some of the circles and did some random stamping around the page using my paperartsy ink splatter stamp and my artistic stamper bubble wrap stamp. I added a few dabs I'd white acrylic with my fingers to create dots...

I then cut out some shapes from a scrapbook pad I had with me in complimentary colours and stuck these down, outlining them with the stabilo black pencil and activating with a water brush to blend them into the rest of the page.....

To finish of i scribbled some outlines with my ranger fudeball black pen

I'm really pleased with the final result and reaffirms to me that it's all about the practice and perseverance with a medium 'if at first you don't succeed ' springs to mind.




5 comments:

  1. This is a wowser Tracey! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous colors and love the circles! Awesome and welcome Tracey!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of abstract art and you nailed it! What marvelous makes you have created! Great job on your first post! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally makes me feel happy - smiling big. Really enjoy this creation. So fun - still smiling!! j

    ReplyDelete