Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Guest Designer Autumn

Today we welcome our super talented guest designer Autumn Clark from
Summertime fun brings to mind thoughts of spontaneity and timelessness. I was thinking of late nights when the tide is high, walking the shore. To translate that into my project, I started with a painted canvas board painted in shades of midnight with acrylics. Next, I scraped texture paste across randomly. When this was dry, I used a stencil and more paste to create a scalloped pattern. Using Twinkling H2Os I layered shades of blue and green over the white paste. I splattered them along the edges as well. Next, I embossed a dotty pattern in "Psychedelic" clear embossing powder randomly over the entire canvas, for a glittery pattern. I stamped a tiny pattern in black for more contrast.
For my stamped focal images, I painted a sheet of manila with watercolor, then embossed in black. I tore the edges of the stamped images, then sprayed them and my canvas both with blue, green, and black Glimmer Mist sprays.
Using the scraps from my watercolor panel, I die cut some fauna for embellishment. Then I sprayed a piece of cheese cloth with green Glimmer Mist. I used cardboard to build dimension under my stamped images, then glued the greenery and embellishments in place around them.
I tucked in some metal embellishments between the layers. Next, I dropped a good bit of gel medium onto my palette and sprinkled in some Art Stones and chunky glitter and mixed it all up. I spread this mixture randomly around the canvas and sprayed it with more Glimmer Mist in areas.
I filled a tiny bottle with art stones and a strip of text and attached it with hot glue. I dripped a small amount of alcohol ink over the glass to give it an aged feel.
I tinted some purchased flower stems with Glimmer Mist and added them for more dimension.
Thank you so much Mixed Media Mojo for giving me the opportunity to create for the Summertime Fun theme. This was such a rewarding experience! I appreciate your continued inspiration and thought provoking challenges.

We are sure that you have been inspired by Autumn's fabulous canvas to create something for our Summertime Challenge with a Twist of Shells. The twist is optional, and everyone is very welcome to add their art to the challenge.
We look forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful tutorial ,Its was very interesting to know how this Awesome canvas was built layer by layer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn, I gushed on your site and I will do it again here. This is just gorgeous! I am SO privileged to know someone so talented! It's amazing how beautiful something can be even outside of your usual "box".

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Autumn, you've really captured the look and feel of a nighttime ocean! Fabulous layers and textures, thanks so much for joining us here at Mixed Media Mojo as our guest designer! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn, this is simply stunning! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful project and gorgeous layers

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear! Sorry to be late! We were on vacation during this post, and then things went down hill from there! Trying to catch up, and am delighted to see Autumn here as Guest DT, with this awesome canvas! Well done!

    ReplyDelete