Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Ocean waves beach combed finds and found poetry.

Working with  Art squares, Golden crackle paste, Acrylics and Lumiere metallic acrylic and Pearl Ex pigments.
Here is the step by step run through -
Apply crackle paste to the Art Squares, and draw your pattern (I used a skewer)

Once dry apply a wash of acrylic 


Add layers of acrylic , remove areas of colour with a wet wipe until you have a colour balance you  are happy with.

Sand back for a more distressed look
Muslin stenciled with gesso and stitched.
Note to self, never throw anything away... This background so nearly went in the bin months ago. It wasn't working for me and certainly was wrong for the project I was working on at the time.I am so glad I tucked it away in my "reject box" !

Found poetry

Found poetry

If you are unsure of what "found poetry" is here is the definition.
  1. "Found poetry is a type of poetry created by taking words, phrases, and sometimes whole passages from other sources and re framing them as poetry by making changes in spacing and lines, or by adding or deleting text, thus imparting new meaning."

    Finish with beach combed finds and display on driftwood.
     Many thanks for stopping by 
    Linda x

3 comments:

  1. A fabulous piece Linda, I love what you've done with the Art Squares.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - sooo interesting Liinda. This is so unique and really beautiful. It has a character all of it's own which is my fav kind of art. j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - sooo interesting Liinda. This is so unique and really beautiful. It has a character all of it's own which is my fav kind of art. j.

    ReplyDelete