Monday, August 3, 2015

Journaling - A New Creative Path

Last week end I had the utmost pleasure in taking four classes from Dyan Reaveley at my local scrapbook store in Milwaukee, WI.  By local, it is an hour and 15 minutes away from where I live.  I want to share with you one project that I have completed from the class.

I challenged a fellow classmate (we are attending another class on August 15 at the same store) that we needed to have done journaling on at least one page we created in class.  I am happy to say I am working on my third page.

We worked with both Dylusion Inks and Paints.  I have on order a set of the paints and keep thinking I really need those inks but I struggle, I am basically a card maker.  Should I or shouldn't I?  Do you want to know the reason I bought my paints is because I ate a Dove chocolate and on the inside of the wrapper it said, buy something extravagant - so I bought the entire set of paints.

The page I am sharing with you today is done with the paints.  We made our background with a brayer.  We then used a masked and rubbed black paint around the mask leaving parts of the background showing.  I chose to use her flower.


As you can see I did some very simple doodling.  I did white dashes around the outside of each flower and a tiny circle at the end of each petal.  Inside the flower I drew a checkerboard line and colored in parts of it.  The center of each flower is stamped.  I chose to use a stamped sentiment on white to pick up the white that is showing in each flower.  Big dots were punched out of green painted paper and added to the journal page.



I kept my doodling to a minimum.  I did not want to chance ruining it.  I also used a stamped saying instead of hand writing a message.  I promise I will be more adventurous in my journaling in the future.

If you ever get a chance to take a class from Dyan, do - she is so much fun and you learn so much.

1 comment: