Monday, August 24, 2015

Journaling Adventures

Barb here.  I am going to share another page that I have made.  I had the wonderful experience of being able to take four classes from Dyan Reaveley.  I enjoyed myself so much and it opened another creative adventure for me.  I make no claims to being good a journaling but I am enjoying myself and that is what is important to me.


I believe this was a painted background.  You took the shape and laid it on your page and added black paint around it so the colored shapes showed.  You continued to do this until you had covered the page.  The next step was to stamp inside all the shapes.  I used some of Dyan's great stamps.  Here is a lose up to one of the shapes.



What was left to do was the doodling.  I think this is the scariest part of  journaling. You just need to be brave and start.  After I had added my dashed and big bump little bump dot lines I did not know what else to do.  With the help of a friend, I decided to add some Words to my page.

Now that I look at the page again, since I have added a large selection of new colored Sharpies to my collection (Staples - Back to School supplies) I may have to come back in and add some color.  Those eyeglasses in the photo may just need some purple on them.

I hope you enjoyed my page.  It is not perfect but I am happy with how it turned out.  I am enjoying playing with my doodling.  Be brave, try something new.  In art there are no mistakes  -  it is only you trying to release your creative soul.  Hugs to all.  Barb

1 comment:

  1. A fabulous journal page, I love the technique that you used. I'm glad that you're enjoying journalling, I started journalling at the beginning of the year and am hooked.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete