Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The letter

Hi everyone!
Lucyna here. Today it is time for me to show you  another altered piece.
It is a MDF letter  for my friend's birthday.




I glued pieces of wallcovering samples to the letter to achieve some interesting textures.


Then covered all with gesso.


Next colored all with gelatos: metallic mint and  metallic blueberry.

  
Using gel medium I put microbeads around the pieces.


Now it was time for some heat embossing using emboss dual pen and aged aqua embossing enamel.


I added some flowers, die cuts , a resin bird and a sentiment to finish my project.
I hope you enjoyed my modest tutorial and ready to create your project.
Thanks so much for stopping by!







9 comments:

  1. what fun - I am doing a wall of the letter B and this would be a great addition - I actually have a big letter waiting in a drawer to be altered. thanks for sharing
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome altered letter Lula! I love the different shades of blue you have achieved. Your friend will Pawsitvely enjoy it! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love your alter and wonderful color!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and will be trying it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this and will be trying it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems YOU are the BEST Lucyna!!! Your Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is PERFECT. Love the colors and all the wonderful details... wow. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems YOU are the BEST Lucyna!!! Your Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is PERFECT. Love the colors and all the wonderful details... wow. j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful textures, love your altered letter!

    ReplyDelete