Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas New January 2015

Hi!

Happy Wednesday!

Kim here today and as promised I have the full reveal for the mixed media canvas I made to celebrate the New Year! Our theme this month is New with the added twist of 15! We can't wait to see what you create, so don't forget to come back and share with us!


I made this project and part of what is new besides celebrating the New Year is the size. While it is only 11 inches by 14 inches, it is much bigger than I usually work with. It was a bit intimidating but fun too!

I wanted to create a kind of reminder board for myself. Sometimes when I suffer a lack of mojo, I need a quick memory jog of things I wanted to try.


I covered a piece of board from a box of crackers with some book pages, then painted over the pages with Distress Paint to lighten up the text a bit. Once dry I stamped an assortment of words. The diecut gears are embossed with Distress Embossing Powder in Tea Dye and a sprinkle of Verdigris.


I covered the background with various Distress Paints and Dylusions Ink Sprays. The is some stamping. Also I used some stencils with texture paste. I really like how the spray ink soaks into the embossing paste.


The mesh is a piece of drywall mesh webbing tape. The clock graphic is a free image I found at Create with TLC. The word and letter stamps are Hero Arts.


Happy New Year! I hope you liked this project and if you have any question, just ask!

Have a super day and go create! Remember you can link up with us until the end of January, see ya soon!
~kim

5 comments:

  1. This is SO lovely. All of the elements really work together without overpowering each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you nailed it! Your inspo board is amazeballs! So much yummy goodness to look at! TFS! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love your colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! Thanks so much for sharing all the great details!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun canvas thanks for sharing

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete