Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Place Cards.

Hello again, Niki here aka Pawsitively Creative. I wanted to share a tradition in my family with you all today. This also goes with our challenge this month at Mixed Media Mojo-the theme is THANKS. You still have time to enter!

Every Thanksgiving my Grandma and I make name cards for everyone that is coming to Thanksgiving dinner. My Grandma is a proud 87 years young and she can't craft like she used to so I made these for her this year, with her input of course. Someone has to be the boss right? :) Unfortunately we won't be together for Thanksgiving, I just wanted to keep our tradition alive and well. We all love our traditions right? Here is how I made these. 

I started by painting my heavy chipboard piece with Silks Spiced Pumpkin (love the Silks!). I edged the sides with black Archival ink. Make sure to paint the back as well! 

While that was drying I used some white cardstock and stamped my Give Thanks image with embossing ink. I then brushed Luminarts Primary Elements Sunflower onto the embossed image (new technique?). I had to use what I had on hand because I don't have any gold embossing powder. The results were just what I was going for. Yippee!



Using a small paintbrush I curled the edges of the stamped piece to help give dimension. 

I then added a brown curly "twig", a small piece of wheat, and two leaves. I used dimensional dots to add the leaves. 

The chalkboard sticker was added last. This is where the names of the guests will be. I used a chalkboard pen to write my Grandmas name. I didn't finish the rest of the writing because I don't know the names of everyone going. But luckily my Mom said she would write their names when she got to my Grandmas house and my Mom has gorgeous handwriting! Winning!

Thank you for stopping by and Happy Thanksgiving!

 What are you thankful for? I am thankful for the opportunity to share my art with you all and to have a warm, safe home that I can go to everyday. I am thankful for my amazing husband and my two lovely/lively dogs-Nanook and Jaz. 

Carpe Diem! ~Niki


No comments:

Post a Comment